You ignorant capitalist prick - comment from one of our biggest fans.

"Wow. What an ignorant bastard you are. Enjoy your 8-hours-a-day of television you ignorant capitalist prick." Anonymous
Follow us at twitter @ValueOfCollege

Come explore our website at www.ValueOfCollege.com

This blog communicates in tandem with our website http://www.valueofcollege.com/. This blog is updated more frequently but the website is organized around different topics.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Saddest moments as a career counselor


One of the most insightful articles we have seen about college is written by Marty Nemko, a career counselor. It is too bad that other “career counselors” are so narrowly focused on getting poor students in college.

Nemko says: “Among my saddest moments as a career counselor is when I hear a story like this: 'I wasn't a good student in high school, but I wanted to prove that I can get a college diploma. I'd be the first one in my family to do it. But it's been five years and $80,000, and I still have 45 credits to go.'"

No comments: